Sunday, October 15, 2017

Twitcb: A Rocky Start-Off

          As kids, me and my friends always enjoyed showing each other what we might've recently done in a video game, and watch each other accomplish what we would say was impossible, while having a good time along the way. Twitch made it possible for people to do this on a global scale, and has become the biggest platform for not only individual channels but even international events and tournaments. Twitch has helped the idea of competitive gaming become a very real and very big thing, to the point that while I was at a bar, one of the Sports channels was showing a Counter Strike tournament on ESPN. I personally started a Twitch channel a few months ago, it's fun, but gaining a following has been difficult for me. I'm not expecting to have 10k followers and subscribers and to be noticed enough to gain a sponsorship for a team, in two months, but I'm still only getting 1-4 viewers a stream. This is sort of a let down, but after talking with a few fellow streamers and some online reading, I've realized what I'm doing wrong, or not enough of.

Streaming Late       I personally don't stream until after 10 o'clock and will stream until about midnight. Speaking to a fellow streamer, he told me that this was an issue, especially as a small channel. Most people who are willing to explore the depths of twitch channels earlier in the evening. It's hard to gain a following especially with slow paced games when the audience is tired. 
The type of thing i see while streaming Splatoon 2

Lacking Commentary      I always watched other channels and always figured "I can talk to myself forever that's easy"....I was wrong, I'm never sure what to talk about, this however is just something I personally have to work on. 

Consistency
       My biggest issue is consistency. Sadly this falls on multiple things. Like I said,  I usually end up streaming late at night, but i also stream on random days. Looking at other channels, and user articles on Reddit, bigger Twitch channels with a following have a schedule. Like any TV show, they stream on a certain day and a certain time. This gives people a chance to know when to come back to your stream. I try to keep a schedule but end up failing. This is all about discipline so I just need to make a more solid schedule.   
Riding this bear did bring a few laughs with my small audience not going to lie


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEST MARIO GAME IN YEARS

Super Mario Odyssey is finally here and I LOVED IT!